Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Assistant: How can I help? I work in accounting and I have

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I work in accounting and I have manager and senior manager who approves my posting journals
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: no because it’s my first month and I doubt about the journals I’m asked to post and I want to know if one day something goes wrong will that affect me ? Or will that affect the the manager who approves my posting
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee just started two months ago so I want to know if in case they put me in the situation of posting something wrong if that gonna affect me
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s all
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The situation is after my training in accounting contrôle they showed me few adjustment journals to post I want to know in the case if it is wrong and I don’t know it’s wrong and they know but it gets approved for fraud reason or something else
If that will affect me because I had this feeling that something is going on specially in financial services
I want to know like this I can see what to do either to resign if that will affect me or to stick to my role and do what I have been told to do
Thank you for your help and advise

Hi thank you for your message, so you have received training in accounting controls and your manager and senior manager now want you to post in some professional or trade journals about such matters? Do you write the articles that are then posted, if you do are they checked by the manager or senior manager? When you post are you posting on behalf of the company e.g. is it X on behalf of Y Company? Your concern is if there was an issue with an article at some point so it wasn't accurate could this affect you but you do not know of any inaccurate articles at the moment?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
So I’m working in financial services company
And we do adjustment journals but before that we extract data from system and work it out on excel when I post accounting journals on the accounting system I send an email to the manger for approval with working link and journal link then he goes to those file and check then approve them in the accounting system
So yes I do write journals posted and then he approve them.
- yes I’m posting journals for Intercompany 4 or 5 affiliates and entities for cash and receivable and payables
I’m just worried if they make me post something and they approve it and this is wrong because I noticed huge amounts in those transactions is that gonna affect me ? Or the blame gonna be in me ? I’m
Just worried they will make me post something wrong and I get the all blame while they all clean and they do whatever they want behind my back not knowing the reality of those transaction it can be fraud or money laundering or maybe I’m just worried because I never worked in this field before so I don’t want to loose my accounting certificate or go to prison ?

Hi thank you for your message, I do not believe you need to be unduly concerned, the figures are being signed off by your manager and ultimately they are being issued in the companies name for intra-company use. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
So if something happens wrong in journals
I won’t have any legal or blame on me as I’m just doing what they trained me for ? Is that’s right ?
Thanks you so much for your help I really need this advise appreciated

Hi thank you for your message, I do not want to say never because it is not impossible but it is very unlikely. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.