How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Laywer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1522
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

Assistant: How can I help? can you please help me.

Customer Question

Good Morning
Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hi can you please help me. Apparently my husband was insolvent it must have been app 2003- 2005? He passed away on the 27th of April 2012. I learnt just before the closing date that I could claim PPI. I am my husband's sole Beneficiary. I have been told this money must go to IVS.
Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: United kingdom
Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I have death certificate and marriage certificate as well his Last Will
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes please do you charge
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your message. Can you briefly explain your case in terms of the IVS? In regards ***** ***** you will need to contact customer services as I only answer questions on the law.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Kindly return the £40 you took out of my banking account. See the unsatisfactory answer above.
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry for the late reply. I do not always get your reply immediately. The question I asked above was to better understand your situation not an answer. If the product was taken out before you went into the IVA than unfortunately yes the money must go to IVA. You can try to appeal to the courts. If you decide to appeal you will need to find a solicitor to represent you. You can find a solicitor by using the law society find a solicitor link here:
Although appealing is an option it is unlikely you will win if the product was taken out before the IVA. I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please return my £40. I had no answer to my question and was referred to Customer Services???
Why would I want to ask any more question until January 2020????
This is urgent please.
Liz Marsh
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 7 months ago.
I referred you to customer services because you asked if we charge. I do not answer questions on cost. I only answer questions on the law. I have answered your question above and I would appreciate if you rate me accordingly. In regards ***** ***** refund again you will need to contact customer services. I do not deal with money.