Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

If i employed in company company need pay for may break

Customer Question

Hi If i employed in company company need pay for may break
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: no
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

How many hours do you work each day?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
10h in construction site and 2 travel
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience. There is no legal right in UK law to get paid for any breaks – any breaks you get, whether by law or at the company’s discretion, can be unpaid. If the employer decides to introduce a policy where you get paid for breaks, that is entirely up to them but they certainly cannot be forced to do it.

Does this answer your query?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? I have not heard back from you since posting my answer and just need to know if your query has been resolved. If you could please post a quick reply to confirm I would be very grateful. Thank you