Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

Can my husband resign and start the proceedings for

Can my husband resign and start the proceedings for constructive dismissal while being signed off by gp for stress at work?

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

How long has he worked for his employer? Please also explain the situation in some more detail

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Ben I was conversing with you last night. We have decided to pursue the constructive dismissal route
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
3 years 9 months

Thank you. I will get back to you with my advice later today. Many thanks

Many thanks for your patience. It is entirely possible for him to resign and then make a claim whilst signed off. That does not in any way impact any of these plans. Being signed off simply means he is not fit to go into work to do his jobs, bit it does not prevent him from resigning or claiming.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
He has now received the 4rh message in 48 hours. What shall he do?
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Their stress policy states that if your line manager has caused the stress then another manager should make contact

He can of course point them to his policy and also state that this continuous communication amounts to potential harassment. Does this clarify things a little bit more for you?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Is he allowed out of house while off with stress?

Yes of course

Customer: replied 2 days ago.

Most welcome