How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 15036
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I have a tier 2 visa. I am planning to quit. If I found a

This answer was rated:

I have a tier 2 visa. I am planning to quit. If I found a job as a contractor role, do I need to apply for a visa? Currently, I am talking to a recruitment company, and the representative said that "It’s a contract role so Visa is all good!" what does this mean? Does it mean that I can work until the contractor's role is finished?Best wishes,


Thank you for your query. What tier 2 Visa do you have? Is it tied to a particular employer?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How can I know it? It is Tier 2 General visa. Is there any other subtypes in Tier 2 visa?


If it is a Tier 2 General Visa, it would be tied to a specific employer. Therefore, you will not be able to transfer to another employer unless you have obtained a Certificate of Sponsorship from them.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

INC Law and 2 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you