INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have a tier 2 visa. I am planning to quit. If I found a

I have a tier 2 visa. I am planning to quit. If I found a job as a contractor role, do I need to apply for a visa? Currently, I am talking to a recruitment company, and the representative said that "It’s a contract role so Visa is all good!" what does this mean? Does it mean that I can work until the contractor's role is finished?Best wishes,

Thank you for your query. What tier 2 Visa do you have? Is it tied to a particular employer?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
How can I know it? It is Tier 2 General visa. Is there any other subtypes in Tier 2 visa?

If it is a Tier 2 General Visa, it would be tied to a specific employer. Therefore, you will not be able to transfer to another employer unless you have obtained a Certificate of Sponsorship from them.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,