Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am planning to take my former employer to a tribunal for

Hi, I am planning to take my former employer to a tribunal for unfair dismissal. The dismissal was based on poor performance. Whereas, I will be able to disprove these accusations, I am worried that an email I once forwarded to my private email address from my work email address can be used against me if they start digging. The email didn’t include any sensitive customer data, only the names of people and email addresses of colleagues in my organisation. As pointed out, the email isn’t subject to the dismissal, however it states in my contract that I am not allowed to send work emails to my private email address. Please advise if that email could get back to haunt me in my case.

Hi thank you for your message, this should not come back to haunt you, even if your employer found this email then this would not justify the dismissal. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.