Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I have been working the same hours ,same job for nearly 7

Customer Question

I have been working the same hours ,same job for nearly 7 years in the security sector. I was told today that the contract is changing. My current hours are Monday-Friday 6am -2pm. The new hours are to be 2x12 hrs days 6am-6pm 2xnights 6pm-6am then 4 off. I am 61yrs old female. What are my rights please?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Full time employee with G4S. Not in a union.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have an elderly parent with vascular dementia and alzheimers. Doing these hours will take away the continuity when visiting my dad in the nursing home.
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 13 days ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer. However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 13 days ago.

To enable me to answer your query, please provide me with some further information about your legal issue and how you want a lawyer to help you.

Have you consented to the variations in your contract hours?

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 10 days ago.

Do you still need expert assistance in this matter?

Please provide me with the further information I have requested in order that I may answer your question.