Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

Can I ask a question about shared parental pay? My wife and

Customer Question

Hi, can I ask a question about shared parental pay?My wife and I are both eligible for shared parental leave and pay. I understand that there is a maximum of 39 weeks of shared parental pay.My wife’s employer paying based on her full salary in the first 3 months and it will be minimum statutory pay towards the end of 39 weeks.My employer offer 6 weeks shared parental pay after my 2 weeks paternity leave.If I take 6 weeks shared parental leave from my wife, am I taking away her salary (first 6 weeks of maternity pay) or statutory minimum pay (final 6 weeks of 39 maternity leave)?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 8 days ago.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks. I will wait for your response
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 8 days ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer. However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 8 days ago.

Unfortunately, the 39 weeks pay for shared parental leave is across both parents, so yes you will be "taking away" some of the mother's paid leave.

The ACAS website has plenty of helpful guidance: https://archive.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4911

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 8 days ago.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 3 days ago.

Do you still need expert assistance in this matter?

Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks I will come back to you when I have more questions
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 3 days ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Since I have answered your first question to your satisfaction, please give me a five star rating in order to close this thread and post your new questions on a new thread. :)