INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

My employer has not paid me for Christmas and new year even

My employer has not paid me for Christmas and new year even though I have worked for the company for 11/2 years. What rights do I have? Thanks
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: when I did talk to my employer they said that I have not worked for them long enough.
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: i work for a cleaning company and we don’t have a union.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my wages have been short on many occasions recently. I don’t know if this has been going on for a while. Thank you

Thank you for your query. What reason have they given you for not paying you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I go to different businesses to cover clean when people are off, they have said I have not worked for this place of work for long enough. I thought the Glens contract services were my employer not which ever businesses I go to. Thank you

Are you an employee or a freelancer? Meaning, are you self employed and pay your own taxes every year?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just need to know if this query can be right or wrong please? Thank you

Your employer would be the company which sent you out to site unless you were working as a contractor.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.