Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

Can you help advise me on an issue I am facing with my line

Hi Can you help advise me on an issue I am facing with my line manager?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No not yet im relctant to discuss this with my employers hr department at this stage
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Im an employee and dont belong to a union
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there any costs involved at this stage if you connect me?

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Please explain the issue you are having in some detail

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Ben
I have been with employer for just over 8 months. Role has 6 month probation period. I am having issues with my line manager. I had a meeting yesterday and he basically said if he was in my shoes he would understand if I was going to call it a day but this would have to come from me. I there is no existing disaplinary issues. I have recently returned to work having been signed of for stress and depression due to a family bereavement.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
please can you give me a call at 10:00
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I do t want to pay that amount at this stage

What is the issue exactly and what would you like to ask in relation to this please? Also, how long have you worked for your employer?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Ben I will leave it for now. Can you please cancel my free trial and confirm no more money will be taken apart for the £5.00 I have already paid?

Hi there, as phone calls are optional and you can easily ignore them, we can continue at no extra charge.

Going back to your query, whilst you may be experiencing issues with your line manager, from an employment perspective this is only resolved in one of two ways - you have to consider raising a formal grievance first, to bring it to the employer’s attention and allow them to look into it and try to resolve it. Following that, the other option is to resign and make a claim for constructive dismissal. The issue with the latter is that you need to have at least 2 years service to do so and you do not have that. It means that you could potentially be forced out or even dismissed, without the possibility of claiming against them.

There is a potential extra right you get and that would be in relation to the depression, which could amount to a disability, but for that it needs to be a serious condition which affects your day to day activities and has lasted for at least a year. If it does not meet the criteria you cannot rely on it to challenge the employer.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Ben. Can you please cancel my free trail as I dont want to incure any more charges and be charged anything extra in additio to the £5.00

Hi, I cannot do that but there is an option in your account for you to cancel your membership. Hope this helps