Jak Bowtell
Jak Bowtell,
Experience:  Principal in Data Protection Law at Lambeth Council
106352453

I have a specialist question relating to the uk general

I have a specialist question relating to the uk general medical council. A doctor was struck off from the GMC register in 2012 and lost his appeal in the high court in September 2013. He is still listed publicly on the gmc register as struck off and I was wondering for how long will he continue to be listed on the gmc register - is there new legislation that can be applied for him to be removed from the public listing or an application that can be put forward for that removal

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please refund me the payment
Hello, the answer has been escalated to me, I am very familiar with GMC proceedings and regulations as well as being an expert in privacy law which I think is a good combination for this query. Would you like me to provide you with an answer? Otherwise, I can refer the matter to customer services to process your request for a refund. Kind regards, Jak.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
If you can provide an answer it would be great

Hello again, as you have not provided the doctor's GMC number, I could not search the register to find out - there is usually a note saying how long the information will remain publically published on the register. I contacted a senior colleague at the GMC to assist with this and they referred me to the GMC's Publications and Disclosure Policy (available online for your reference here https://www.gmc-uk.org/-/media/documents/dc4380-publication-and-disclosure-policy-36609763.pdf). Accordingly, I can answer your question that the erasure from the medical register will stay on the record for ten years from the date of erasure.

Does this help? You can rate my initial response, this will mean that the question stays with me and any subsequent follow-ups will be answered more quickly. It also means that Just Answer will pay the expert for their time, otherwise, they retain it until the customer rates. I appreciate it may have taken longer than expected to get an answer. Most of us are full-time legal professionals and we do this messaging service way below our regular fees to help people as best we can.

Jak Bowtell,
Experience: Principal in Data Protection Law at Lambeth Council
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks Jak - will the removal mean that the published MPTS finding will be removed as well ?
In fact I can confirm that MPTS finding will only be published for 12 months from the date of the judgement
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The MPTS judgement has been in google for 7 years now - how do I remove it ?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
And there is a link to it in the GMC profile
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Hi Jak, are you able to answer my follow up questions ?

Hi there, you can use google's own mechanism to remove a result that relates to you that is no longer relevant. The judgment might not have been removed as the new guidance only came in fairly recently, I would recommend contacting the GMC and speaking to a member of the MPTS team to help you with that one.