How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jak Bowtell Your Own Question
Jak Bowtell
Jak Bowtell,
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 159
Experience:  Principal in Data Protection Law at Lambeth Council
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Jak Bowtell is online now

I have a specialist question relating to the uk general

This answer was rated:

I have a specialist question relating to the uk general medical council. A doctor was struck off from the GMC register in 2012 and lost his appeal in the high court in September 2013. He is still listed publicly on the gmc register as struck off and I was wondering for how long will he continue to be listed on the gmc register - is there new legislation that can be applied for him to be removed from the public listing or an application that can be put forward for that removal

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please refund me the payment
Hello, the answer has been escalated to me, I am very familiar with GMC proceedings and regulations as well as being an expert in privacy law which I think is a good combination for this query. Would you like me to provide you with an answer? Otherwise, I can refer the matter to customer services to process your request for a refund. Kind regards, Jak.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If you can provide an answer it would be great

Hello again, as you have not provided the doctor's GMC number, I could not search the register to find out - there is usually a note saying how long the information will remain publically published on the register. I contacted a senior colleague at the GMC to assist with this and they referred me to the GMC's Publications and Disclosure Policy (available online for your reference here Accordingly, I can answer your question that the erasure from the medical register will stay on the record for ten years from the date of erasure.

Does this help? You can rate my initial response, this will mean that the question stays with me and any subsequent follow-ups will be answered more quickly. It also means that Just Answer will pay the expert for their time, otherwise, they retain it until the customer rates. I appreciate it may have ta***** *****er than expected to get an answer. Most of us are full-time legal professionals and we do this messaging service way below our regular fees to help people as best we can.

Jak Bowtell,
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 159
Experience: Principal in Data Protection Law at Lambeth Council
Jak Bowtell and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Jak - will the removal mean that the published MPTS finding will be removed as well ?
In fact I can confirm that MPTS finding will only be published for 12 months from the date of the judgement
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The MPTS judgement has been in google for 7 years now - how do I remove it ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there is a link to it in the GMC profile
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Jak, are you able to answer my follow up questions ?

Hi there, you can use google's own mechanism to remove a result that relates to you that is no longer relevant. The judgment might not have been removed as the new guidance only came in fairly recently, I would recommend contacting the GMC and speaking to a member of the MPTS team to help you with that one.