C.Cornel
C.Cornel, Laywer
Experience:  Senior Lawyer at Legal Group
105439980

I am relocating my business, due to raising costs and a

I am relocating my business, due to raising costs and a downturn in business! I have three staff too have taken redundancy I offered the third either redundancy or a reduced contract for part time work! He now wants making redundant and the part time job!
Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with your HR staff? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Yes they say I don’t have to pay the redundancy I have Offered an alternate in a local office!
Assistant: Is the relevant person an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Does the person belong to a union?
Customer: Employee
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No union as far as I know if he is he hasn’t mentioned it!

Hello.

Based on your circumstances, I do agree with your position that such demands are disproportionate, unreasonable and impractical.

I would advise to either explain to your employee that such demands are unreasonable and unlawful, or send a legal demand letter to your employee concerning the dispute.

The latter is more effective, but it would involve small costs.

In case of need, the law firm that I am part of can help you with your dispute.