Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I work for a private limited company, and the managing

Customer Question

I work for a private limited company, and the managing director who is the majority shareholder is showing favouritism to 2 individuals at the expense of everyone else in the office. There are 11 permanent office employees. The 2 favoured individuals are the youngest, and have been with the company for the shortest period. They are not skilled, but are good with technology having been brought up using computers.
The rest of us are skilled and competent in our individual roles.For year end, our MD told all of us in our appraisals that the business had not had a good year, so no salary increases or bonuses would be paid.Our accountant who is one of the skilled employees, then got an E-mail from our MD to pay £2.5k bonus to one of the youngsters, plus £1.7k refund for an airline ticket for the same persons holiday to Thailand. The other youngster got a £5k pay increase plus £2k bonus.
Do we have a case for unfairness, given that we have been blatantly lied to?
My particular gripe is that I was given such a sob story regarding the company finances (I was even told that our MD’s house is mortgaged against the company’s business loan and is at risk of being repossessed, if the business doesn’t perform!)
I would like some advice.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

What are you ideally hoping to achieve in the circumstances, please? Please note I am mobile today so may not be able to reply until later today thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is not good enough I have already requested a refund if my money as not at all satisfied