Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

I am working as a living carer and my employer issue me

Customer Question

I am working as a living carer and my employer issue me payslip that I cannot understand and transfert money in my account which does not make sense. I confront them but they go around and around with nothing clear to justify why this payslip mean... I know something is wrong. if I can send you a copy of this payslip and the past one nothing matched with the money they put in my account.. Please help me to clarify this situation. Thank you
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No. In London. I am French but I have been living in this country for more then 20 years
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: you are my first step
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

If you can upload the payslip on here please I will try and help

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I supposed to be paid 550 plus 45 for food allowance
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The week after
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The next week
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The last one
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The money I got in my bank account doesn't matches with these payslips
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1st pay £745.48 then it goes to £433.58 and 433.58 and the last in the period of Christmas I got paid £290.29...I when home sick on the 25 after finishing my sift and back on the 27/12/19 at 2:00pm
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No sick paid for a day and half ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I worked on Christmas 'a day too
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will be very grateful if you can explain but I know something it is wrong. Thank you for your help
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am french and worked in London for 20 years
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
for this agency since 2017

I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help with this matter.

If you were absent for a day and a half due to illness, you are not entitled to any sick pay unless it is outlined in your contract. You would only be entitled to sick pay after you have been absent for 4 days then signed off by a doctor. This is in line with UK employment law.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for this information

You are welcome

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

Ross

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Ross

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 5 months ago.

Ross