Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I work in a factory for 8 hours shift and in this 30 min

Hello,I work in a factory for 8 hours shift and in this 30 min paid break I have a question when I take a 0.5 day vacation should there be any break
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Team leaders said we no have breik for 4 hours
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am employee
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

What does your job entail and how long have you been working there for?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am work 10 years but that situation start about 2 years ago when shift was changet from 12 hours to 8

OK thank you and what does your job entail?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am allredy pay £5 and no get any information just about money that weird

Don’t worry about the pop-up mentioning a phone call – this is an automatic offer made by the system, giving you the opportunity to pay extra to discuss things over the phone. However, it is entirely optional and if you just ignore it and close it down you will not be charged extra and we will just continue in writing at no extra cost when you are able to tell me what your job role is?

Many thanks for your patience. Under law, you only get rest breaks once you have worked for at least 6 hours continuously. So if you are only working for 4 hours, then you do not have the legal right to get a rest break as you have not worked the minimum number of hours required to be eligible for one.

Does this answer your query?

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thanks

All the best