How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Turner Your Own Question
Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1382
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ed Turner is online now

I was accused of something at work, which I denied, within

This answer was rated:

Hi , I was accused of something at work, which I denied, within the hour of being accused, my boss threatened me into accepting an agreement that would end my employment that week. The next day my car was collected and all other company goods. I did not have time to think about it and was stunned. It is only now 6 weeks later I feel able to get advice. Is there claim I can make against the employer?
JA: Have you discussed the accusation with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: no, nothing, I was too upset to speak to anyone and still am
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I was fully employed since jan2018 until Nov 22nd 2019, I do not belong to a union
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: does it cost me anything to ask these questions?

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I am currently out of my office travelling and working from my laptop. I will therefore be unable to speak to you, but another legal expert may pick up your enquiry.

If you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Unfortunately, you have fewer than the two years minimum continuous service with your employer to qualify to bring an Unfair Dismissal or Statutory Redundancy Claim against your employers.

Therefore, you are limited to a claim for Wrongful Dismissal which is essentially a claim for breach of contract for your contractual notice pay and accrued benefits net of PAYE Income Tax and National Insurance.

Your employer does not need to follow a fair investigation, disciplinary or redundancy selection process before deciding to dismiss you. If they pay you your contractual entitlements, you will not have lost anything and therefore will have no further claims against them.

You may bring this claim in the Regional Employment Tribunal if damages do not exceed £25,000, or in the civil County Courts which do not have a cap on the damages value that parties can claim.

Were you paid your PILON and other contractual entitlements and did oyu sign your ex employer's draft settlement agreement?

Ed Turner and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thank you, ***** ***** not be necessary to call me, I have the information