How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2390
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

Self Assessment and National Insurance contributions

This answer was rated:

Self Assessment and National Insurance contributions registration.
I'm Russian nationality and on Family Visa live in UK. I'm registering for self-employement and asked, if i'm a UK resident or not. What does it mean? Tax resident or just a fact that i live UK? I entered UK 16th Dec 2019.

Hi How can I help?

This means you now live in the UK and the tax year comes to end on 5th April 2020.

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How is that connected to my question?

You are now in the UK and have been granted a family visa - therefore you are a resident and if you are registering as self employment - you need to declare tax Sir.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, thank you.

If you could kindly give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would appreciate it - thank you

Lawyer21 and 5 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you