Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

Self Assessment and National Insurance contributions

Self Assessment and National Insurance contributions registration.
I'm Russian nationality and on Family Visa live in UK. I'm registering for self-employement and asked, if i'm a UK resident or not. What does it mean? Tax resident or just a fact that i live UK? I entered UK 16th Dec 2019.

Hi How can I help?

This means you now live in the UK and the tax year comes to end on 5th April 2020.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How is that connected to my question?

You are now in the UK and have been granted a family visa - therefore you are a resident and if you are registering as self employment - you need to declare tax Sir.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, thank you.

If you could kindly give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would appreciate it - thank you