Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I'm own a recruitment agency, where I'm also employed

Hello. I'm own a recruitment agency, where I'm also employed (director and equal shareholder). I'm detached in another EU country, where I've been offered a full-time job, in a totally different field (journalism). The reduced activity with the recruitment agency would allow me to easily do the second job. We don't have an emplyment contract in place. Is it legal to accept the second job?
JA: Have you discussed the employment contract issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I haven't, but I don't have an employment contract with the recruitment agency. With the second employer, they won't have a problem with it if I declare that's my main job.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else. Thank you
Hi thank you for your message, provided there is no conflict of interest between the businesses which there should not be as they are in different fields and provided you hand no agreement with the current company to work a certain number of hours or during certain periods then this should be fine. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.