Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am writing to you because I have a problem with my holiday

Customer Question

Good afternoon,i am writing to you because I have a problem with my holiday entitlement.
I have information in my contract that I am entitle to have 28 working days (including bank holidays) holiday. My shift is from Thursday to Monday. 1st of January this year was on Wednesday and as we know it was a bank holiday, I was off that day. From my prospective I should received that back in the following day so on Thursday. I also found an information on the gov web site that "if a bank holiday is on the weekend a substitute weekday becomes a bank holiday, normally the following Monday", my weekend is on Tuesday and Wednesday, so if we take what is above into the our consideration I should have Thursday off instead. Please let me know how this works. Thank you.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 months ago.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can wait, I paid for this
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are kidding me ? I have asked yesterday and I have paid for that answer, so respond asap.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello when I can receive answer on my question ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
an answer
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 7 months ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will be waiting, but how long does it take?
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 7 months ago.
Hi thank you for your message, so you took the bank holiday as a holiday day rather than using the bank holiday entitlement?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did not take bank holiday as a holiday Day. I was off on 1st January becaude I do not work on Wedneaday, but 1st January was bank holiday. Accordigly to my holoday entitlement i have 20 days plus 8 bank holidays.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
from my prospective my company should give me Day in lieu if i was off that day.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What do you think ?
I disagree, if you had the bank holiday off because it was a bank holiday then obviously that is fine that is part of your entitlement. Conversely, if you had holiday over that period then that is your choice your landlord does not have to give you another day. Instead what you should have done is book holiday for the day’s around the bank holiday then have the bank holiday off as per your entitlement. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have checked on the gov website and there is an infoemation lkke that"if a bank holiday is on the weekend a substitute weekday becomes a bank holiday, normally the following Monday"
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
accordingly to what is Above, in my case if I am off tue and wed and bank holiday was on wed, a substitute should be Thuraday, so first Day after my days off
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
On the basis what is on gov do you agrwe?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Agree?
No I don’t agree. The bank holiday wasn’t on a weekend. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.