Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

What is the procedure if there us an infestation in ure

Customer Question

what is the procedure if there us an infestation in ure place of work , as a support worker doing 24hr shift you cant sleep in the bed as the infestation is now in the office , where the support worker sleeps?
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: it was discussed with a manager
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: employed/ zero hrs contract members up to them if they join a union this has been going on before christmad6
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yeah the bed bugs r in staffs home.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 7 months ago.

Hi thank you for your message, if there is an infestation then your employer cannot expect you to sleep in the accommodation and therefore they would need to take steps to resolve the issue ASAP. You should complain to your employer/landlord first and then you can complain to the local council trading standards as if the house is not fit for human habitation they can force the accommodation provider which in this case is your employer to make emergency repairs. As this is supported accommodation you can also look into reporting it to the local authority adult social care team. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.