Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

If I have worked for a company for a company as an agency

Customer Question

Hi If I have worked for a company for a company as an agency worker for 4 yrs and 3mths does that mean there is a vacancy for the job
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I have but was fobbed off
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am a temp. In the beginning my contract was renewed every 3 months then they started tenewing it every 6 months and now back to 3 months
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There was a vacancy around 2 years ago I applied and they put an embargo on all employment and did not fill the vacancy. They recently had another vacancy offer and I missed the deadline due to the death of my mother and had to travel abroad for the funeral
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Even if there was a vacancy how would that change things? Please note I am mobile today so may not be able to reply until later today thanks

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Thanks but please clarify how a vacancy would change things?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I am not sure if you saw my query above: please clarify how a vacancy would change things?