Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

A friend of mine appears to be dismissed with one month's

Customer Question

A friend of mine appears to be dismissed with one month's notice because there is no job for her. She is a Level 2 apprentice and been told there are no Level 3 jobs. She was subjected to a stressful meeting with 3 adults and not given the opportunity for any representation. She was completed intimidated and has received nothing in writing - minutes from the meeting, letter of dismissal etc.
JA: Has your friend discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: She has discussed it with me (HR Professional). I don't think they have followed their own procedures with regards ***** ***** probation and haven't provided her with much on the job training and support. I think they have concerns about her performance but are dismissing her by making an excuse about vacancies - they have said on several occasions that she does not need to continue onto Level 3 if she doesn't want to do so. She has less than two years' service and I think they are taking advantage of her because of her age. She is 19 and this is her first job.
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: Employees and agency staff
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: She was given very little notice of the meeting, did not know it was a dismissal meeting and was not accompanied.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

What do you specifically want to know about this, please? Please note I am mobile at present so may not be able to reply immediately, thanks

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 days ago.

Hello, I am not sure if you saw my query above: What do you specifically want to know about this, please?