Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

If in my role I am being asked to do work that is not in my

Customer Question

If in my role I am being asked to do work that is not in my job description Where do I stand? Also if they are using someone else to fulfil my role instead is that legal?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I have tried discussing with my manager but i am told due to cutbacks you have no choice..It want done in a friendly job chat manner at all..We have no on site HR it is all central
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee..No no union
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just feel i am being exploited at work.I work hard and am good at my job just feel being unfairly treated
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 10 days ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 10 days ago.

To enable me to answer your query, please provide me with some further information about your legal issue and how you want a lawyer to help you.

It appears that you are in a redundancy-type situation with your employers having to lay off staff and redeploy them into different roles to meet the business's changing needs.

How long have you been employed with your employer?

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 6 days ago.

Do you still need expert assistance in this matter?

Please provide me with the further information I have requested in order that I may answer your question.