michael holly
michael holly, Solicitor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience of dealing with employment law matters and qualified mediator
12609314

Can a job be ring fenced to two employees on different

Can a job be ring fenced to two employees on different grades
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: Unionised and nonunionise
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My job is part time and is the higher grade the other employee is full time and is on a grade lower, the job we are to be ring fenced to is full time

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can wait

Good morning

Yes, it is possible as the job being ring fenced just needs to be suitable alternative employment in respect of both of you and not an exact fit for either of you.

It is accepted that you both may have different relevant qualities to bring to the post

If there are any further points kindly reply I will be happy to respond.

Otherwise please either accept or rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael

michael holly, Solicitor
Experience: Over 20 years experience of dealing with employment law matters and qualified mediator