Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

66.5 year old woman has worked 4-5hrs for one day a week for

66.5 year old woman has worked 4-5hrs for one day a week for a community trust for 23 years. She gets a letter dated 13/02/2020 telling her because the trust has insufficient it will be wound up and her employment terminated as of 28/02/20.
Has she grounds for redundancey compensation?
Hi thank you for your message, as the company is being wound up there may not be enough funds to pay redundancy. However, she can claim payments from the National Insurance fund up to a set maximum to cover redundancy payment, unpaid wages, accrued holiday pay and notice pay. Claims must be made to the Insolvency Service. She can find out more about claiming here: https://www.gov.uk/your-rights-if-your-employer-is-insolvent/apply-money-owed
I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.