Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

Do employers who have an employee who works full time get

do employers who have an employee who works full time get the 80% relief from the government
JA: Has the employee discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: yes
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: employees
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Can I just check, how long has the employee worked for the business?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The employee is over 70 years old
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
20 years

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience. It is indeed most likely that such employers would get that help, however, the full details of the package have not yet been released and it is still somewhat unclear on how exactly that scheme would operate. As this is such a fast-developing situation, both employer and employee have to wait for the time being for the Government to release further details on the way this scheme will apply and the eligibility criteria.

Does this clarify things a little bit more for you?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

I can now confirm that all UK businesses can apply for this scheme