Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Laywer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

I taught a one day course to Stephanie mathison, student

I taught a one day course to Stephanie mathison , student struggled to retain information. I offered extra training free of charge and she still complained and told her she needs to practice , etc and each willing to offer another free day to observe myself etc , she is unwilling but wants a certificate and refund ? Her husband had been msg me pretending to be Stephanie, I have not breached any contract as I fulfilled my obligation and more but because Stephanie isn’t prepared to practice she is claiming I’m at fault

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Are you asking if she is liable to pay?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No the student paid I’m asking why does she think she entitled to a refund when it’s down to practice , like driving ou only get better with constant practice

thank you

She isn't entitled to a refund. You provided the course exactly as described. What has happened is that she is either too stupid or too lazy to do the work and that is not your problem.

Just heard that she will have to Sue for the money.

It might very well not be a very good course. She might well be entitled to say that you need more than one day to master the art. That is a point for feedback not for payment. She had exactly what you offered and she agreed to.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My course is very good I taught a lecturer and her feedback was extremely informative and she learnt so much

Well, they always say that at the outset. It is the same all over the economy. They only notice how bad you were when the jury find them guilty.

But her point fundamentally is that the course was inadequate to allow for practice. That is all very well. Possibly quite legitimate. But it doesn't mean she does't have to pay unless you misled her.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My course literature covers everything, it states practice is a must

yes, so?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Are you a solicitor?

I think this question has been answered. The issue is that you are missing the point.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I’m missing the point how do you get that conclusion, I think your missing the point a reply yes so ? Isn’t very professional
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Please respond
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Remus is very rude and unprofessional

Ok. Good luck.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I attached a letter from Stephanie I was wanting a response as to why I have breached my contract ?

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. From what I have read there has been absolutely no breach of contract and it would appear that "Stephanie" is sadly trying it on - as some people in society now do. There is very little you can do other than either simply ignoring or stating politely that they have no claim and you will not be entering into any further correspondence with them. I hope this helps and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
What about if she slanders next due to her inability to put into practice what she was taught ? Due to ignorance about practice makes perfect ?

If she attempts to slander you then I would be minded to get a solicitor to write to her and threaten to take her to court for compensation should she do this again (or fails to remove any such posts). Such a letter is usually sufficient to deter such action. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok thank you ,

My pleasure. Can you please rate 5 stars for my time.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
So can you confirm what breach I have performed and also her husband contacting me pretending to be Stephanie who was not present on day and not informed me he is acting on behalf of her is dishonest in my eyes ?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yes just sent last question

From reading the letter an your comments above you have not breached the agreement. They are basically trying it on. I think if this ever did go to court (and I would be very surprised as I think it is simply a try-on from them) the court would be very critical of them and their actions. I hopes this answers your question and please rate 5 stars

Thomas Judge, Laywer
Experience: Over 25 years experience in law
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok perfect thank you

My pleasure