How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Laywer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1147
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

I have few questions, I have been working with my employee

Customer Question

Hi , I have few questions , I have been working with my employee for last four and half years , my employer suspended me because on staff who directly report me put allegations , my employer invited me for disciplinary hearing, which was for 45 minutes and they told me those allegations which I answered , my disciplinary manager the said he will send this info to HR and hr will decide what action they will take , now they made up their decision by demoting me from my role and cut my salary ? My question is as far I know disciplinary manager is the one who made decision , also the investigation they have done with the accuser , I asked few question why they have not investigated which has direct impact on this case but they ignore it !
They have given me the right to appeal which I will ? But would you please let me know 1st thing who made decision in disciplinary meeting and how is it then and there or they can send latter on ? Also the points I raised in the disciplinary meeting they have not answered me or investigate me ?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 15 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm have you spoken to anyone about this matter?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have spoken to my rep and previously too advise before the disciplinary from this app
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 15 days ago.

Hi, thank you for your message. Your workplace should have a disciplinary procedure handbook setting out the procedures they need to take in dealing with your matter. If they have not followed the procedures you need to point this out to them. I would advise that you contact your union and ask if they can represent you in this matter. If you are not a union member ask for their guidance. You should also contact ACAS. The ACAS Helpline can give advice on internal processes and policies to help you through this (0300 123 1100). Before calling ACAS gather all the evidence relevant to your. They should be able to liaise with your employer on your behalf and resolve the matter. You should ask ACAS to help you with your appeal. The disciplinary procedures handbook will lay out how decisions are made and who should make the decisions. They should give you answer the points you have raised and give you all the evidence against you,

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.