Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

Just a question a sick pay, in this casion specially, my

Customer Question

Hi , just a question a sick pay, in this casion specially , my wafe , she work as house cleaner , and pay tax every year, her customers ask her to stay at home for around 4 weeks ,,, my questions is , how she can apply for that case. Many thanks
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Selfemployer
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No is fine Thank you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

How long has she worked for her employer?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
About sick pay
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Yes I understand. Do you know how long she has worked for her employer?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
4 years
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience. If she is self-employed then she has no sick pay entitlement under law. She will only get sick pay if she has a contract which entitles her to such a benefit. In the event that no contract exists or it does not include any sick pay entitlement, then sadly she will not get any sick pay or other payments for the period she is not working – that is one of the disadvantages of being self-employed unfortunately.

I appreciate this may not be the answer you were hoping for but it is the legal position and I hope that it at least clarifies where you stand?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? I have not heard back from you since posting my answer and just need to know if your query has been resolved. If you could please post a quick reply to confirm I would be very grateful. Thank you