INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I’ve had my contract at work terminated because off the

Customer Question

Hi I’ve had my contract at work terminated because off the cornavirus I was in my probation period so I have any rights as this is out off my control
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No not yet
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I’m an employee
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  INC Law replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your query. Unfortunately, if your contract states that your employer can terminate in the probation period, I am afraid that you will have very little rights in these difficult and unprecedented times.

You would be able to apply for benefits and \i would suggest that you contact your local benefits office for further guidance.

I am sorry if this was not the answer you were expecting.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks,

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
But surly then can only terminate me because off something work related not because off a work wide virus
Expert:  INC Law replied 11 days ago.

That is correct, however, it could be for any reason. If you can provide a copy of your employment contract, I can guide you further.

In the current climate, thousand of businesses have seen a downturn in business and as a result, they are unfortunately either asking staff to take unpaid leave or making them redundant. The staff that have been there for the least amount of time are the easiest to terminate.

many thanks,

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Here my letter off termination
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Contract
Expert:  INC Law replied 11 days ago.

Hi Tony,

Unfortunately, I am afraid that this is a commercial decision for the company and there is little you can do about it.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.

Many thanks,