How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 15113
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I suffer from epilepsy and Asthma which can increase tremors

Customer Question

I suffer from epilepsy and Asthma which can increase tremors leading up to suizers when I have problems with my breathing which I am currently experiencing, I have been sent a letter to say I am a high risk patient, I am a nurse will I get paid for the 12 weeks I am off
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have been in contact with the 111 consultant and my GP as my condition had taken for the worse on Thursday I currently take the following medication Lamotrigine, levetiracetam and phenytoin
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have had respiratory arrest before and suffered a stroke in 2006 which led to me being diagnosed with epilepsy due to suizers
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 4 months ago.


Thank you for your query. If you are a high risk patient and off work, you would be entitled to statutory sick pay during the period you will be off.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks