Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

We have had to self isolate vecausemmy sins has symptoms of

Hello we have had to self isolate vecausemmy sins has symptoms of the corna virus will I be intiled to 80% if my wages
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Our HR are saying I will only get SSP
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am a employee
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not belong to a union

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No I do not want a call
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Sorry didn't see the £44 charge
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Is there anyone there ?

How long have you worked for your employer and what is your specific question in relation to this?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have worked there for 3years . My son was sent home school before they shut because he had symptoms of the corna virus and we were Told all as a family we had self isolate for 14days as per the government rules. The company are only willing pay 98 a week for me not working . Now the government has said they will pay 80% if our wages

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience. The 80% scheme is not there for people who decide to self isolate, either because they are in a vulnerable group or have symptoms or have someone else near them who has symptoms. In these circumstances all you can expect is sick pay, as per your contractual entitlement. The 80% scheme is there for employees who have no work due to this outbreak and their employer has no work or money to pay them, which is different than your circumstances.

Does this answer your query?

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi there yes it has thank you

All the best