Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I am currently off sick. I was invited for the wellbeing

Hello. I am currently off sick. I was invited for the wellbeing meeting. Due to the current situation in the country I asked the emoyer to postpone the meeting. They asked me if this meeting could be done over phone. I am not keen on this as there will be a note taker and I will be not able to see the notes. Is it appropriate to suggest that they email me the questions that they would like to ask and I email back the answers? Also, there is an ongoing investigation. I do not know exactly what the allegations are. Do you think that I should be given the detailed reason of this investigation before they invite my for the disciplinary meeting?

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

How long have you worked there for? Please note I am mobile today so may not be able to reply until later today thanks

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Since 16 May 2006
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Sorry, 2016

Thank you. There should be no problem to hold this meeting over the phone as they have suggested because you should be given a copy of the notes after it, in order to check them and approve them. You can keep your own notes at the same time and once you receive theirs you can always compare to yours to check for any discrepancies. In any event, you can also suggest that this is done in writing but they could refuse, especially as it is generally acceptable to hold such meetings over the phone. You can also ask video call if you prefer that.

As to the investigation, before you are asked to attend a formal disciplinary hearing, you have the right to be given the outcome of any investigation, together wit the formal allegations against you and any evidence to be used at the hearing.

Does this answer your query?

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you