Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

Regarding the business closures for non essential jobs. I

Hi regarding the business closures for non essential jobs. I work at BMW uk ltd in Doncaster working for dhl who have the contract. They are telling us all to still come in or you will get 3 weeks unpaid leave. Is this allowed?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I have called environmental health who in turn have contacted trading standards and they are at this time waiting for the confirmation from government official to send officers in to the site. In the meantime our manager is calling us by phone individually telling us to go here and there or you won’t get paid. He has to sell hours because the money is coming out of dhl budget
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I’m an employee
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: unf I’m not in a union at present

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

How long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
21 months

Are you able to follow social distancing rules of 2m distance at work?