Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Laywer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

Just a brief summery, I was married to my spouse and became

Hello my name is***** a brief summery, I was married to my spouse and became ill, My wife regulary went out for coffee mornings as she always told me, Anyway i had to sign on the sick for a period of time and to my astonishment got a Letter stopping my benefit and to go to the DWP office for an interview, I did and discovered my wife was working and i was overpaid, my wife was ignorant that i was claiming but ive ended up having to pay all this back over ten years or more and a bit more to go , But my wife died six years ago can i get the payment wavered now
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Im retired now
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Is the debt in your name or was it in the name of your spouse?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
my name

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. Well on that basis I am afraid that you continue to be liable for the terms of the repayment agreement. These things to do not come to an end after 6 years or indeed 10 years. As you are now retired you could go back to the DWP and ask whether you can be either let off the rest of the debt as your circumstances have changed or indeed to pay a less sum each month. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars