Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I have an official meeting with my work regarding my level

Hi , I have an official meeting with my work regarding my level of absence due to sickness . Can my employer demand proof of my doctors appointments? Thank you
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No I haven’t
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am employed part time
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t think so

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

How long have you worked for this employer?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
20 years

Thank you. The employer an ask for such proof, but they cannot force you to disclose it. This is confidential personal information and you have the final say on who sees it and who it is provided to. However, bear in mind that if you do not provide these as evidence, the employer can make a decision based on the evidence they have available to them. Therefore, if that information would help your case, you may wish to consider whether to disclose it – although you can decide how much to disclose and can also blank out parts in it if you need to.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I think so thank you . I do not wish to as I feel I have already disclosed enough personal information regarding my sickness , including a letter from my doctor which I paid £30 for explaining I suffer from depression and anxiety disorder . So do you think it is fair for me to say I already feel I have disclosed a lot of personal information already ? Thank you

You can do, it is entirely up to you in the end…Does this clarify things a bit more for you?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Yes it does thank you

All the best