Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

Does anyone know the position regarding employees

Does anyone know the position regarding employees (contracted and subject to PAYE) on zero hours contracts who are unable to work because their work has ceased.
JA: Was the zero hours contract issue discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: We are a small charity and do not have the hierarchy to which you refer.
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: No, they work weekends in Her Majesty's prison tea shop which is now on lockdown
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

How long have you worked for your employer?

and is there anything in your contract that allows your employer to lay you off?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am a trustee and treasurer - I don’t get paid

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Don’t bother - this too hard

Ok please confirm you want to close this?