Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

My son has been working for a employment agency where he was

My son has been working for a employment agency where he was provided regular work at a logistics warehouse.
JA: Has your son discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: My son had regular work at a logistics warehouse sourced for him through a employment agency. This work has ceased due to covid19, is there any benefits available to him whilst the current situation continues?
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: My son Daniel believes some are employed by the company Yusen, others are agency staff like him.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't believe so thankyou.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Is he still on the employer's books?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Not the logistics company, still on the agency books.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok, we can carry on online.

Ok thanks. As an agency worker it is still unclear whether he will be covered by the Government’s Job Retention Scheme where 80% of an employee’s pay is covered. However, that is aimed at people who are on a company’s payroll so he may find out that he qualifies and is covered by it. Nevertheless, it is still early days s it is a matter of keeping an eye out on the news to see when further details of the process are announced.

In the meantime, he can consider benefits, although these will depend on his personal circumstances. He can approach JobcentrePlus to see if he qualifies for any.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Yes thankyou. I don't expect to need to use this service again as you've given him a direction to head for help. How do I opt out of further monthly membership costs please?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Did you receive my last?

Please cancel your membership in your account on the site thank you