james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

If one gets bullied in their work place by one person and it

Customer Question

If one gets bullied in their work place by one person and it is spread to the rest of the staff members, what can the person who is being bullied do?what law is applicable to this case? and what relevant statutory provisions and supportive case law can be applied? and how are these applicable and why.
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Hello I am James a solicitor

I will assist you today.

As an employee you have certain rights of protection, and your employer has certain responsibilities towards you as an employee.

The first thing you should do, is speak with senior management or HR and raise the bullying matter with them. They would then have to look into the matter and take action.

If the employer fails to take action and the bullying continues, you could quit your job and take the employer to an employment tribunal for constructive dismissal.

Can I assist further at this time, please come back anytime if you need more help.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.

Expert:  james bruce replied 12 days ago.

Hello just following uo on your question yesterday, can I still assist?