Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I’m looking for some advice. I feel like I’m been treated

Customer Question

Hello, I’m looking for some advice. I feel like I’m been treated unfair in my workplace.
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Yeah with the manager of the day nursery.
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: Not sure
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have just left the (walked out of my job) my health is really suffering at the moment. And I didn’t feel like I could provide the best care to the children.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Please explain the situation in some detail

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi , I’m the deputy manager of a nursery .
Due to the virus the setting I normally work at has closed but the other setting is open due to the low numbers attending.
I was on furlough for about 5 week then retuned to work at the brighouse setting not my own.
I have suffered with mental illness and have been waiting for treatment for ptsd.
While I was off on furlough I was contacted to say treatment was now available 3 o clock Fridays. ( I had been waiting 10 months ) I contacted the group coordinator for both nurseries to ask permission as this is during a working day. We agreed this was ok. But I would move it to more convenient time when this came available.
When I returned to work after furlough I was told I would be working 4 and half days , Friday afternoon off as holiday. So I could attend therapy.
They said numbers are still low so they were making up people’s wages by then using holidays for days when staff were not needed.
When I returned to work I was not getting staffed to work Friday at all and I had been missed off the holiday list .
I asked the group coordinator if the owner (she dose the staffing) had just forgot to put me on the holiday list ? She replied yeah.
The next time it happened I asked again have I been forgotten off the holiday list. I then got a message from the group coordinator saying I can not have Friday afternoon as holiday I have to take it unpaid. (This was also included in the verbal warning)
On my 7th day back working I was asked into the office by the group coordinator where I was told I was getting a verbal warning for a list of things she started going through. I did not agree with some things on the list and the group coordinator said she wanted proof.
Later that day I was asked back in the office again with the group coordinator and my manager. I was told I was not been myself I was not leading the team and I looked miserable all the time and I was bringing other team members down.they were moving members of the team away from me as they said I was bringing them down.
This really upset me . I was then told by my manager your not well , u should not of come back. Your not well again. I said I felt like I was doing ok. At this point I wanted to leave , I said this is too personal I don’t want to talk about it.they would not let me leave. So I asked what would u like me to do . They said put a face on and do your job or go back on the sick.
I left the meeting very upset.
The next day I went to work and did as I was asked. The group coordinator made a comment u have been happier today.
Wednesday I went into work and was then asked into the office again.
There was a lot of talk about he said she said , I then got asked why I had asked staff to do things
I said I’m doing as I was asked leading the team . At this point I realised she had not spoke to any of the members of my team and asked her to do so , to see if this is there opinion not just what others had said.
She went to do this.
Later I went back to the office to ask if everything was ok, was it sorted.?
I was meet with anger and told she didn’t want to deal with this she was busy. I got told to shut up when I tried to speak then she shouted I’m sick of this.
I felt terrible so I replied so am I.
Then I left the building, I didn’t feel like I could stay there . I made sure there was enough staff with the children, I got my stuff and went home .
There is probably more details that I have missed . Is there anything legal I could do about the situation? I understand that I walked out of the job so this will not look good for me.
Thank you x
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

How long have you worked there for?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I am not sure if you saw my query above:

How long have you worked there for?