ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Laywer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I'm hoping you can help me. My husband has been working in

Customer Question

Hello. I'm hoping you can help me. My husband has been working in conjunction with another person, currently both on a self-employed basis. There has been no registered ltd company, nor a registered partnership, nor a signed partnership or profit sharing agreement - everything so far has been in good faith. They work individually as consultants in the same field (catering) but not as competitors (my husband is a chef consultant, the other person as a management consultant). They then have this overlapping section where they make sales to third parties on behalf of a manufacturer and agreed to share the commissions earned from this - no contract signed with each other or the manufacturer, but obviously plenty of emails showing intent. They have finally agreed their first sale but the intended partnership, it is clear, isn't going to work. My husband would like to cut ties now but we are unsure where he stands in terms of the current clients and payments. The manufacturer has agreed to work with him individually and sign a contract to seal this, as well as move the current clients over to his name only (it should be noted that 100% of the positive leads passed to the manufacturer have been created by my husband). I don't want my husband to act outside of the law. IF he made this agreement, he would intend to pay the prospective partner 50% of the commission for sales created so far. Would this be unlawful in any way?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can you see my full enquiry? I can't see my full message above.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Also, is there any legislation about the ownership of the social media pages? My husband has set up and created all connections for the company linked in page, but the other person has admin access and has put on some posts. Can we turn off his access and re-brand the page? He created the website so we would be leaving him with that. He created the logo and company name so my husband wouldn't request any of that either.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 13 days ago.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.

I have read the information you have provided, however it is unclear exactly what the issues are. I do believe this would be best resolved via the telephone. Kindly let me know if you would like for me to arrange this.