Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I have had a disciplinary today, got given the letter monday

Customer Question

Hi, I have had a disciplinary today, got given the letter monday after being signed off due to work related stress and anxiety. I didnt know what to expect, or really my legal rights. The purpose of the disciplinary was they said I had refused a direct instruction from my boss. I didnt, I walked away after being told to get thenf**king tools on the f**king van and go do the f**king job. I work as a guillotine operator. My boss sent me out on the 29th of April to do a job off premises to do a fence job for a football player. Saying it's my job to do what I'm told. I dont even know if I'm insured to work off site, and in the peak of covid is this even legal. It was an none essential job, and none essential travel. I received a written warning claiming it was clear I ignored a direct order. I've been there nearly 8 yrs and never until now had a disciplinary. I've suffered with mental health for a year now, with the company fully aware. The way I was spoken to knocked me back. I've got 7 days to appeal this from today which I wish to do, as I'm sure I did nothing wrong. There are alot of other circumstances in this, and this written warning is now said to last 12 months. He said to me in a 1 on 1 meeting he does not want me there anymore, and to get another job. This was on the monday after being sent home on friday, for the accused. I had a letter saying written warning as it was evident I disobeyed a direct order. I had no explanation in my meeting, and none of my questions were answered when I handed over my statement. I need some help, as I'm in a low place anyway and feel I'm getting pushed out.
JA: Have you discussed the disciplinary action with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No, I only had it today. Company hr didnt really take much notice of my statement, and fobbed me off. I dont know what to do
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I'm an employee. And no I'm not with the union
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I put in a letter of concern at the start of covid asking to be furloughed as we had many off with symptoms, 1 confirmed. Stating no social distancing. After that letter I had abuse off my boss saying I had no respect by putting in the letter and not speaking to him. I feel since then I've been made a target, and felt I couldn't refuse to do the job to start with as I already raised my concerns
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 days ago.

How long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Nearly 8 yrs
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 days ago.

Thank you. What do you specifically want to know about this, please?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry I pressed wrong button to call. Can I get refunded. I want to know where I stand
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ate you there??
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 days ago.

What do you specifically want to know about this, please?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Where I stand. How I appeal. Have I got grounds etc etc
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 days ago.

Ok thanks, won’t be able to help with this one at this time so will release it back to the open queue. Thanks

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 9 days ago.

Hello I wondered if you were still looking for help on this matter?