LegalNinja
LegalNinja, Laywer
Experience:  Solicitor
103518254

The workers at a small take away in London do not get any

The workers at a small take away in London do not get any annual holiday or furlough.
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: He is refusing to pay for the days the shop was closed
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: Only three workers and owner/operator
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not I could think
I am an experienced legal advisor and I am happy to answer your question.So firstly the furlough scheme is not mandatory for employers to use.Whether you should have been treated as being on annual leave or should have been paid for the time when the shop was closed would be determined by your own individual employment contracts.You will need to read these to see what you should be entitled to if anything.It is likely that the contract states that you are only paid for the hours worked and that these hours can be reduced as per business need but until you check you will not know for sure.Kind regards
S
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
If Furlough is not available, can I go for state benefit. If so what benefit
Furlough is available but if your employer refuses to use it then you would not be able to receive it.You can apply for universal credit. The government has recommended use of universal credit where furlough is not available.https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/how-to-claim
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Not helpful
I will opt out for another expert to advise.

It appears that the previous Expert has Opted out of this question. Let's see if I can help you.

I note you have asked about benefits, what is your postcode?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don't want any phone call at £44. Please stop all subscription at once and don't take any money from the card any longer. Please end my contract from trial period.

Don’t worry about the pop-up mentioning a phone call – this is an automatic offer made by the system without even my knowledge or consent! It gives you the opportunity to pay extra to discuss things over the phone. However, it is entirely optional and if you just ignore it and close it down you will not be charged extra and we will just continue in writing at no extra cost.

This is in the sites T's and C's. Do you still wish to continue?

LegalNinja, Laywer
Experience: Solicitor