Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Just a brief question. If a registered charity advertises

Hello! Just a brief question. If a registered charity advertises for a post as a single post for an individual, could it then go ahead and appoint two applicants for a joint post? Thanks.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. It is a pretty straightforward query.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi, please could you let me know the timeframe for an expected response to question?

Yes, if this is based on a job share type scenario. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks. I need to ask you to clarify your answer. Are you saying that, even if the vacancy advert did not make it clear that the job could be shared or is open to that possibility, it could still go ahead in the end to appoint two people as joint postholders? Thanks. I will rate you.

Yes that is right, not least because in order to allow compliance with equality legislation the employer must be able to accommodate job sharing or flexible working and that means being able to appoint 2 people to the one post.

Thank you for the rating much appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Many thanks.

Glad I could help, take care.

Customer: replied 17 hours ago.
Hello! Please could you let me know:
If it's ethical or legal for a chair of a interview panel to start an interview by informing the interviewee that there are other candidates who have applied for the same post?

Yes, I do not see why that would be illegal or indeed unethical.

Customer: replied 16 hours ago.
Many thanks again.

Glad I could help, take care.