Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

Redundancy matrix

Redundancy matrix
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hey. I have been given my risk of redundancy letter and also got send the matrix. I dont understand one thing on it as my bradford factor I think is wrong. It should be 16 but I have 12. I had 2 occasions at 2 days each.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
would they have used a different type of matrix?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
also there is a section for customer service feedback which we don't have forms or anything for. I have had an email thanking the entire crew and also an incident occurred on board in which personal thanks were given only to me. Should I bring these up? As these to me are positive customer feedback comments?

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call

To enable me to answer your query, please provide me with some further information.

How long have you been employed with your employer?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Well i started in 2015 but cos I was seasonal they have started it from Feb 2016

The Bradford Factor is the standard matrix that HR departments use when assessing employees for redundancy.

As you have over two years’ continuous employment, then you are entitled to a Statutory Redundancy Payment (“SPR”) in addition to your notice pay. The calculation for SRP is calculated by the Government’s formula which you can find on the .Gov Website (https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-redundancy-pay) and is based on the Employee’s age, net weekly salary and length of employment at the Effective Date of Dismissal.

In addition to SRP, you are entitled to your Notice Pay under your Contract of Employment. You may either work your full notice period or be paid Payment In Lieu of Notice (“PILON”) net of PAYE Income Tax and National Insurance Contributions, as well as accrued Holiday Pay and any other contractual benefits, such as performance-related bonus.

The employer must follow fair a Redundancy Selection Process before making you Redundant and cannot do so based on the Employee having a Protected Characteristic under the Equality Act, such as Race, Gender, Religion or Belief, Pregnancy and Maternity, Trade Union Activity or being a Whistleblower.

Although Redundancy is a Dismissal for Employment Rights purposes, it is a potentially fair reason for Dismissal and is probably the “cleanest” and least contentious way to terminate an employee’s contract of employment as it is the position that is redundant, not the employee themselves.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you require any clarification of my answer to your question and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I dont understand the matrix. Cos you want the lowest score yet they have added that in to the total?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Plus my score should have been 16 as had 2 lots of 2 days off

I cannot comment directly on your employer's matrix scoring of you as I do not have access to the information upon which it is based.

You may always query your scoring with your employer directly and it may persuade them to change it.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Yeah i asked my manager for the matrix I was measured up against as well as my score before my meeting tomorrow and all he sent me was my score

I have answered your questions as far as I am able to on the Portal. Obviously, there is a limited amount of advice I can give based on a few lines of text on the Just Answer instant messaging Portal. Very often the best I can do is “point you in the right direction” for the sake of seeking more detailed advice.

If you want further bespoke advice, I need to review all relevant correspondence and documents and advise in a telephone call. I will place an offer of a Premium Service Phone Call Request through on the Portal. You may accept or reject it at your leisure.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please give me a positive rating in order to close this thread.

LawyerEd

I am delighted that I have resolved your enquiry.

Thank you for the positive rating on the Portal.

I wish you all the very best in resolving this matter and of course for safely navigating the current “choppy waters” in which we all find ourselves. :)

LawyerEd