Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

One of my colleagues was put on ssp for 2 weeks after

One of my colleagues was put on ssp for 2 weeks after phoning in with an upset stomach even though he told them he would be back the next day. Can he claim for full pay or is his taking the 2 weeks off seen as accepting the companies decision

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

When did that happen?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
About 5 or 6 weeks ago

It is unlikely that he would have accepted the decision and given up his rights to challenge the employer – after all he would have been given no choice and practically force to do it. Also, he may not have known what his rights are and only found out afterwards. He can therefore still challenge the employer if necessary and try to recover the pay due.

Does this answer your query?