SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I have a question about my car lease. WA9 4ZS St Helens

Customer Question

Hi, I have a question about my car lease.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: WA9 4ZS St Helens Merseyside
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: discussions with my employer at this stage
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I leave the my current business on the 24th of July but my company car car lease ends 19th of June. I want to opt out of the car scheme for the remaining time but my company are insistent that I need to keep the car and the cost until my leave date which I do not want to do because of the high tax costs, what are my options?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 1 month ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. The policy on leased cars in your employment will spell out the terms on which you use the vehicle, pay for it and any cost implications if terminated early. If the policy details the penalties for early termination then regrettably that is binding on you. You will have to weigh the costs or savings of early termination based on the terms of the policy and that will help in making the choice whether to keep it till you leave or terminate now. If you want me to have a look at the terms and conditions of the policy I am happy to do so, All the best