Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I was issues with notice that my role may be facing

Customer Question

I was issues with notice that my role may be facing redundancy and notice. They have since paused this, how long can they leave it "paused".
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: my manger started the consultancy process then it was "paused" I am still doing same job and the relocated job & role is in manchester
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: employee
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

When was it put on hold and what reason did they provide for doing this? Also, how long have you worked for your employer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They issued the notice when starting the relocation to Manchester subsequently They claimed it was because of Covid 19. I started in March 2018
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I would prefer to carry on with the trial offer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My goodness what a con i will terminate my account
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience. Leave it with me for now, although please note it is extremely busy at present due to the ongoing situation so there may be a delay in replying, but I will get back to you at some point today. Please do not reply in the meantime. Many thanks

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks for your patience. The ‘pause’ in the redundancy proceedings can actually be indefinite. There is certainly no limit in law which states how long the employer can place it on hold for and technically it can be for as long as required. I appreciate that this uncertainty is not great and you will always be thinking what is around the corner and when it may all re-start, but you have to assume that no news is good news and that if the process has been stopped it means that there is currently no need to proceed with redundancies and you should continue as normal until you hear otherwise.

Does this answer your query?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? I have not heard back from you since posting my answer and just need to know if your query has been resolved. If you could please post a quick reply to confirm I would be very grateful. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancelled the trial account total con total waste of time and money
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Have a great weekend

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not satisfactory not going to rate
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

that is entirely up to you of course