Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

AmI entitled to voluntary redundancy?

Hi. AmI entitled to voluntary redundancy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’ve worked for my company since 2011 & have been signed off sick since 2017. I have a disability. Jobs are being cut & we’re being asked to re-interview but I am not physically able.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

I will respond on the initial thread. Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks for your patience. Voluntary redundancy is always an option but the key is in the name – it is voluntary, both for you and the employer. So even if you are willing to take VR, you still have to get the employer’s consent to it and they are under no obligation to propose it or agree to it. Therefore, all you can do is raise the subject and see if they are willing to consider it, but you cannot force them to.

Does this answer your query?

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks.

All the best