Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

Can You give me an advice about companion at meeting? my

Hi, can You give me an advice about companion at meeting? my manager took that right from me saying I'm not aloud to bring a companion to meeting (person which work in the same place as me), he told me I'm aloud to take anyone I wish to but only as a witness which is not aloud to take his voice on meeting.

Hi there,

Is this a disciplinary meeting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it was investigation meeting, but what the difference ?

Disciplinary meeting includes:

• a first or final warning
  • suspension without pay
  • dismissal

Ok, so your employer is just on the investigation stage

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that means if I'm on disciplinary meeting I'm not aloud to take companion with me ?

Investigation meetings provide an opportunity for an investigator to interview someone who is involved in, or has information on, the matter under investigation.

In an investigation meeting, there is no legal right to be accompanied .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
main question is about investigation meeting

If the employer establishes your fault then on you have right to be accompanied on

The disciplinary meeting including:

• a first or final warning
  • suspension without pay
  • demotion
  • dismissal

If that answers your question, Kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tell me please when I'm aloud to take companion with me?

when the employer completes the investigation and if establishes your fault , that would be disciplinary meeting, in those you have right to be accompanied,

If that answers your question, May I politely remind you to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today.

All the best for your meeting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that means on investigation I have to be alone or I can take someone with me evenif that person is not a union rep, for example?

It depends if the employer allows this as an employee you do not have the right to be accompanied by anyone during investigation

Does that answer your query?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, following Your answers it means managers can takeanyone they want to to investigation and after that they has some witnesses but I must be alone so no one will be able to confirm what happened on meeting ?

They can not take anyone who is not related to the investigation process to the investigation meetings as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks but what about notetaker ?

You can request to take notetaker, it is up to the employer if he approves such a request.

If that answers your question, Kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today, so that I could get credited for my time.

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
miscommunication, I'm askig about noteker taken by manager which after all can be used as manager witness

There can be a note-taker from the employer, it is an investigation stage where employer can interview.ask you questions and you can tell them your side of the story as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you

.

If that answers your question, Kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today,

All the best for your meeting.